1. Using a food processor (or mortar and pestle/hands if you don't have one!), pulse granola, coconut oil (or butter), salt, and chopped dates.
2. Firmly press the granola and date dough into the foil-lined pan. 3. Place in fridge to harden for 1 hour
1. To make the filling, make a double boiler by filling a medium sauce pot half way with water and bring it to a low boil. place a stainless steel bowl over top the pot to create a double boiler. Spoon the coconut butter into the bowl and stir to allow it to melt. Do not use a microwave to melt the coconut butter, or it will burn.
2. Once the coconut butter is mostly melted, stir in the coconut oil until the mixture is entirely liquid
3. Remove the mixture from heat and allow to cool for a few minutes
4. Stir in the cinnamon, turmeric, black pepper and honey into the filling mixture
5. Pour the filling over the crust and evenly spread out with a spoon
Place in the fridge to harden overnight or for 3-4 hours
Once hardened, remove the pan from the fridge and let it sit on the counter for 5-10 minutes
Using a sharp kitchen knife, carefully slice into 16 squares some may break a bit, but that’s okay!