1. Preheat oven to 350°F. In a small bowl, add butter and microwave 15 seconds or melt over the stove until completed. Add matcha powder and mix well. Then add your milk and whisk to mix well. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, add eggs, vanilla, honey and sugar, and whisk to mix well. Place the bowl over a pot of hot water; keep stirring until the temperature increases to 105F.
3. Remove the bowl from the hot water and place the butter bowl from step 1 over the hot water.
4. In the meanwhile, use an electric whisk to whisk the eggs until pale in color and they fall in ribbons when the whisk is lifted. Sift the flour into the bowl, and gently fold until well combined.
5. Remove the butter bowl from the hot water; add a little batter to the milk bowl and mix well. And then take the milk mixture and pour back to the batter using a spatula. Gently fold until well combined.
6. Transfer the batter to an 8-in cake mold, and bake for 60~70 minutes.
7. Carefully remove the cake from the pan and cool it on a wire rack.
8. In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat 1-cup heavy cream and sugar until soft peaks form.
9. To assemble the cake: Place the first cake on a serving tray and spread top with 1/2 cup whipped cream.
10. Follow the same process for the rest two layers.
11. To make decoration cream: in a large bowl, use a hand mixer to beat 1-cup heavy cream, sugar, and matcha powder until soft peaks form. Ice the cake fully with the matcha whipped cream, and decorate with fruits!
Find out more about Mizuba Tea Co., here.