LeParfait: Moroccan Carrot Pickles
Recipe from LEPARFAIT
Carrots with oriental flavors are delicious! And by using fermentation to preserve them they retain their nutritional benefits for longer and provide probiotics with health benefits. They are basically a simple and healthy way to do yourself some good.
1 pink shallot
1 tsp of each of the following spices: black pepper seeds, yellow and black mustard seeds, coriander seeds
600ml chlorine-free water
1 Le Parfait Super jars 1L
1. First, let’s read the how to guide to learn everything about fermentation!
2. Prepare the brine by mixing 600ml of chlorine-free water with 18g of coarse grey sea salt until the salt dissolves. (That’s 30% of salt in proportion to the water)
3. Cut the carrots into sticks. Peel and finely slice the shallot.
4. Fill the Le Parfait Super Jar and add the spices.
5. Cover with brine.
6. Close tightly and keep at room temperature for 1 week to start the fermentation process. Then ideally store at about 15°C. Consume after 2 weeks.