La Porteña: Provoleta with Mom’s Green Chimichurri
Recipe from LA PORTEÑA
Our happiest memories of holidays in Argentina are always tied to the food we gathered around. This warm and melty cheese with a crispy crust served on fresh bread and Mom’s Green Chimichurri has always been a favorite in our family. Served as an appetizer, Provoleta consists ofthick sliced Provolone cheese grilled on the Parilla (grill) alongside an array of meats and sweet breads that make up a traditional Asado (Argentine BBQ). Here we pan fry and serve our Provoleta hotin a castiron skillet with crusty bread and Mom’s Green Chimichurri. This easy yetlavash appetizer is sure to impress, bringing Argentine tradition to your table.
Ready in: 15 minutes
Serves: 8 people
1 inch slice Italian Provolone (about ½ pound)
1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh or dried oregano
½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 crusty baguette sliced and toasted
1 8oz La Porteña Mom’s Green Chimichurri
1. Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium
2. Sprinkle cheese with oregano and chili flakes pressing into both sides.
3. Cook about 2 minutes until bottom starts to brown and carmilaize
4. Flip and cook until cheese is melted (about 1 more minute)
5. Serve in cast-iron skillet with sliced bread and top with Mom’s Green Chimichurri.
Find out more about La Porteña, here.