1. Place beets in a pot and cover with cold water – bring to boil.
2. Cook 1 to 2 hours or until tender – a knife should go in smoothly.
3. Leave the beets to cool in the water.
4. Once cool, take them out and peel.
5. Cut in half, then cut each half into wedges that are 1 inch thick at their base.
6. Place the beets in a mixing bowl.
7. Slice off the top and bottom of each orange.
8. Now cut down the sides of the oranges, following the natural curves, to remove the skin and white pith.
9. Over a small bowl remove the segments from the oranges by slicing between the membranes.
10. Transfer the segments and juice to the bowl with the beets; discard the membrane.
11. Cut the radicchio vertically into 1-inch-thick slices.
12. Break up into separate leaves and add to the salad.
13. Finally, add the remaining ingredients and toss everything together gently.
14. Taste and adjust the seasoning, then serve!