Do you offer online ordering for pick up or delivery?
Unfortunately, we don’t have online ordering or delivery in place, and we are unable to implement it at this time. If you are considered high-risk for coronavirus (COVID-19) we welcome you to join us for a “Vulnerable Shoppers Hour” from 7 am – 8 am on Tuesdays, Fridays and Sundays. Regular store hours vary by location. Get your Market’s updated store hours here. If you would like to have a friend or relative shop for you, you can purchase a gift card by phone and have your designated shopper pick it up and apply it to your in-store purchases. For store phone numbers, please visit the locations page on our website.
Are seniors or those considered at-risk able to shop at a special time?
If you are considered high-risk for coronavirus (COVID-19), due to age (60+), weakened immune system, disability or pregnancy, we welcome you to join us for a “Vulnerable Shoppers Hour” from 7 am – 8 am on Tuesdays, Fridays and Sundays. All other shoppers, please help us protect our most vulnerable by allowing them to shop during this time. Regular store hours vary by location. Get your Market’s updated store hours here. Sign up for emails to get the latest updates.
Are customers and employees required to wear face coverings?
Masks or face coverings are currently required statewide for indoor public spaces, such as grocery stores and retail stores. In addition, face coverings are required in outdoor public spaces when physical distancing is not possible. Children age 5 and up are required to wear a face covering. People with a disability or medical condition may request accommodation from the business if they cannot wear one.
Why are some people not wearing masks in the photos/videos on your website?
The photos and videos that appear on our website were captured at various times, both prior to and during the pandemic. Please note that the state’s recommendation for face coverings has evolved and changed over time, as scientists and health officials have learned more about COVID-19. Current state-mandated mask requirements can be found here.
Will employees receive paid sick leave?
The health, safety, and well-being of our teammates is our top priority, and we are especially sensitive to the needs of our employees during this time of emergency. Market of Choice provides paid-time-off benefits that are more generous than the requirements of Oregon Sick Leave, and we are working with our teammates on a case-by-case basis to help ensure they have the support they need if they do miss work due to sickness.
Are you hiring right now?
We have open positions at several of our Markets, and we’re always seeking new talent. Please visit our careers page to learn about current job openings and to apply.
Are you accepting can and bottle returns?
Bottle returns are not currently being accepted. We ask that customers take their bottle returns to designated BottleDrop redemption centers, operated by the Oregon Beverage Recycling Cooperative (OBRC). Customers in communities without redemption centers should store bottles and cans until redemption services fully resume.
Which departments are open and operating?
All departments are currently open and operating, but we’ve had to make some adjustments. We have closed the majority of our self-serve areas. However, our Bulk Department remains open and many items that would normally be available as self-serve are now packaged and ready to go.
- Bakery: Our Bakeries are filled with treats and custom orders are being accepted. Seasonal and everyday baked goods have replaced self-service pastries and donuts. Individual, fresh bagels and pastries are available at our Market Barista counter.
- Barista: We are still serving made-to-order drinks. However, we cannot use customer-provided cups at this time. Individual pastries, bagels and other treats are still available, upon request.
- Beer & Wine: Fill Stations at our Cedar Mill, Bend and Belmont locations are open on a limited basis. We are not offering single-serve beer or wine by the glass currently.
- Bulk: We ask that customers be especially mindful when using this self-serve option, which remains open. We are providing gloves and ask that all customers use them when selecting their bulk items.
- Cheese: A wide array of cheeses, charcuterie and accompaniments are available daily. Talk with your Cheesemonger about custom cheese boards and other custom orders.
- Floral: We offer an abundance of seasonal bouquets, plants, centerpieces and gift items. However, staffing may be limited as we shift our team members to help in other areas of our stores.
- Kitchen: Our self-serve salad bar remains closed. However, our full-service Kitchen is fully stocked with entrées, sides, salads, deli meats and cheeses. Hot items are available, as well, including burgers, sandwiches, burritos, hot line choices and packaged hot to-go meals. Wok meals and pizzas are available at all locations, with the exception of Ashland and Delta Oaks in Eugene; stores with Woks are offering pre-selected options. We also offer Gourmet Take-Away choices, packaged and ready to go in our cold cases, such as soups, salads, sandwiches, entrées and sides.
- Meat & Seafood: Full-service and self-service meats and seafood are available at all locations.
- Produce: Seasonal and locally sourced produce is well-stocked. Freshly squeezed MoC orange juice is also available.
What are you doing to ensure cleanliness and safety?
Our Response Management Team is meeting regularly to expedite solutions to ensure the highest level of safety. We are staying in touch with the CDC, Oregon Health Authority, Oregon Occupational Safety and Health (OSHA) and industry partners to ensure we have the latest information to help us make the best decisions. Here are some of the many steps we’re taking to protect our customers, teammates and vendors:
- Vulnerable Shoppers Hour is from 7AM–8AM on Tuesdays, Fridays and Sundays. All other shoppers, please help us protect our most vulnerable by allowing them to shop during this time.
- Adjusted store hours allow for more time to clean and restock shelves. Regular store hours vary by location. Get your Market’s updated store hours here.
- Employees wear face-coverings, as recommended or required by the Oregon Health Authority and Oregon OSHA.
- Social distancing guidelines tell us to remain a minimum of six feet away from others, whenever possible. To encourage social distancing, we’ve posted reminders throughout the store and at checkout stands.
- Clear shields instituted at checkout create a barrier between customers and cashiers to help promote a safe and enjoyable shopping experience.
- Paper sacks for groceries. For health and safety reasons, groceries will be bagged in paper sacks. Customers can opt to use reusable shopping bags at checkout but will be asked to bag their own groceries. Here are some tips for cleaning reusable bags. Paper sacks will incur the state-mandated, per-bag fee.
- Courtesy clerk carry-out service suspended for health and safety reasons.
- Hand sanitizer and hand-washing stations are available for customer use.
- Cart-cleaning system sanitizes carts. The product we’re using for cart cleaning is a mild disinfectant with a neutral pH, made in the Pacific Northwest and approved by the CDC for combating COVID-19. Cart washing happens multiple times a day.
- All testers and samples removed from Whole Health departments.
- Refund policy suspended. To discourage over-purchasing of products and for safety reasons, we’ve temporarily suspended our refund policy.