Are your dining areas open?
Market of Choice stores in counties that are considered “Moderate Risk” have open seating areas that are at 50% dining capacity with tables spaced a minimum of six feet apart. Those locations include: Cedar Mill, Belmont, West Linn, Bend and the following stores in Eugene: Willakenzie, Delta Oaks and Willamette.
Markets located in counties that are considered “High Risk” have limited seating and include Corvallis.
Markets that are not open for dining include: Medford, Ashland and Franklin in Eugene.
Do you offer online ordering for pick up or delivery?
We don’t have online ordering or delivery available, and we are unable to implement it at this time. If you are considered high-risk for coronavirus (COVID-19) we welcome you to join us for “Vulnerable Shoppers Hour” from 7 am – 8 am on Tuesdays, Fridays and Sundays. Regular store hours vary by location. Get your Market’s updated store hours here. If you would like to have a friend or relative shop for you, you can purchase a gift card by phone and have your designated shopper pick it up and apply it to your in-store purchases. For store phone numbers, please visit the locations page on our website.
Are seniors or those considered at-risk able to shop at a special time?
If you are considered high-risk for coronavirus (COVID-19), due to age (60+), weakened immune system, disability or pregnancy, we welcome you to join us for “Vulnerable Shoppers Hour” from 7 am – 8 am on Tuesdays, Fridays and Sundays. All other shoppers, please help us protect our most vulnerable by allowing them to shop during this time. Regular store hours vary by location. Get your Market’s updated store hours here. Sign up for emails to get the latest updates.
Are customers and employees required to wear face coverings?
Masks or face coverings are currently required statewide for indoor public spaces, such as grocery stores and retail stores. In addition, face coverings are required in outdoor public spaces when physical distancing is not possible. Children age 5 and up are required to wear a face covering. People with a disability or medical condition may request accommodation from the business if they cannot wear one. Current state-mandated mask requirements can be found here.
Why are some people not wearing masks in the photos/videos on your website?
The photos and videos that appear on our website were captured at various times, both prior to and during the pandemic. Please note that the state’s recommendation for face coverings has evolved and changed over time, as scientists and health officials have learned more about COVID-19. Current state-mandated mask requirements can be found here.
Do employees receive paid sick leave?
The health, safety, and well-being of our teammates is our top priority, and we are especially sensitive to the needs of our teammates during this time. Market of Choice provides paid-time-off benefits that are more generous than the requirements of Oregon Sick Leave, and we are working on a case-by-case basis to help ensure that teammates have the support they need if they do miss work due to sickness.
Are you hiring right now?
We have open positions at several of our Markets, and we’re always seeking new talent. Please visit our careers page to learn about current job openings and to apply.
Are you accepting can and bottle returns?
Bottle returns are currently being accepted at both our Cedar Mill and West Linn locations only. We ask that customers otherwise take their bottle returns to designated BottleDrop redemption centers, operated by the Oregon Beverage Recycling Cooperative (OBRC). Customers in communities without redemption centers should store bottles and cans until redemption services fully resume. As county risk levels change, can and bottle redemptions also change.
Which departments are open and operating?
All departments are currently open and operating, but we’ve made some adjustments:
- Bakery: Our Bakeries are filled with treats and custom orders are being accepted. Our self-serve Bakery cases are also open; gloves are provided and required for self-service.
- Barista: We are serving made-to-order drinks in to-go cups; customer-provided cups cannot be used at this time.
- Beer & Wine: Fill Stations at our Cedar Mill, Bend and Belmont locations are open on a limited basis. We are not offering single-serve beer or wine by the glass currently.
- Bulk: We ask that customers be especially mindful when using this self-serve option, which remains open. We are providing gloves and ask that all customers use them when selecting their bulk items. This includes bulk, self-serve coffee beans.
- Cheese: A wide array of cheeses, charcuterie and accompaniments are available daily. Talk with your Cheesemonger about custom cheese boards and other custom orders. Olives are available prepackaged; if you’d like something specific or a special mixture of olives, please ask your Market Cheesemonger.
- Floral: We offer an abundance of seasonal bouquets, plants, centerpieces and gift items.
- Kitchen: Customers can still enjoy a wide variety of entrées, sides, soups, salads, deli meats and cheeses. Hot items are available, as well, including breakfast items, burgers, sandwiches, burritos and pizzas (where pizzas are offered). We also offer packaged to-go meals, hot or cold, that reflect our customer favorites. Stores with Woks are offering pre-selected options at this time.
- Meat & Seafood: Full-service and self-service meats and seafood are available at all locations.
- Produce: Seasonal and locally sourced produce is well-stocked. Freshly squeezed MoC orange juice is also available.
What are you doing to ensure cleanliness and safety?
Our Response Management Team is meeting regularly to expedite solutions to ensure the highest level of safety. We are staying in touch with the CDC, Oregon Health Authority, Oregon Occupational Safety and Health (OSHA) and industry partners to ensure we have the latest information to help us make the best decisions. Here are some of the many steps we’re taking to protect our customers, teammates and vendors:
- Vulnerable Shoppers Hour is from 7AM–8AM on Tuesdays, Fridays and Sundays. All other shoppers, please help us protect our most vulnerable by allowing them to shop during this time.
- Adjusted store hours allow for more time to clean and restock shelves. Regular store hours vary by location. Get your Market’s updated store hours here.
- Employees wear face-coverings, as recommended or required by the Oregon Health Authority and Oregon OSHA.
- Social distancing guidelines tell us to remain a minimum of six feet away from others, whenever possible. To encourage social distancing, we’ve posted reminders throughout the store and at checkout stands.
- Clear shields instituted at checkout create a barrier between customers and cashiers to help promote a safe and enjoyable shopping experience.
- Paper sacks for groceries. For health and safety reasons, groceries will be bagged in paper sacks. Customers can opt to use reusable shopping bags at checkout but will be asked to bag their own groceries. Here are some tips for cleaning reusable bags. Paper sacks will incur the state-mandated, per-bag fee.
- Courtesy clerk carry-out service suspended for health and safety reasons.
- Hand sanitizer and hand-washing stations are available for customer use.
- Cart-cleaning system sanitizes carts. The product we’re using for cart cleaning is a mild disinfectant with a neutral pH, made in the Pacific Northwest and approved by the CDC for combating COVID-19. Cart washing happens multiple times a day.
- All testers and samples removed from Whole Health departments.
- Refund policy suspended. To discourage over-purchasing of products and for safety reasons, we’ve temporarily suspended our refund policy.