With the holidays fast approaching, I wanted to let you know about some of the exciting new things at your Market of Choice Cheese Shop that are excellent for entertaining and make great gifts. Regalis Truffle Delights
I have been waiting for more than a year to add Regalis White Truffle Olive Oil ($30.99, 250ml) to our lineup of choices. We also have Regalis Black Truffle Balsamic Glaze ($45.99, 250ml) and Wisconsin Truffle Butter ($10.29, 3.5oz) at your Cheese Shop. This company was founded by Ian Purkayastha, who began importing Italian truffles to the U.S. when he was just 15 years old. Ian has taken sunny California olive oil and creamy Wisconsin butter and blended them with his beloved truffles. I was lucky enough to sample these products and immediately took them to the stores for the Cheese Stewards to try. Everyone was excited, and I literally had to pry the Balsamic Glaze out of the hands of a few of them. I’ve already given a bottle of the balsamic glaze to a foodie friend of mine for his upcoming dinner party. Brooklyn Slate Cheese Boards
When Sean Tice and Kristy Hadeka took a trip to New York to visit a slate quarry owned by Kristy’s relatives, they discovered what would become a burgeoning business. Available in two sizes, Brooklyn Slate Cheese Boards make the perfect contrasting surface for cheese. There’s even chalk provided, so you can write the name of the cheese on the slate. What a fun party idea! (10”x14” ($29.99) and 7”x12”($26.99) 33 Pieces of Cheese Booklets
These helpful little booklets make a wonderful stocking stuffer for your favorite cheese lover! Priced at $4.59 ea, this pocket-size booklet for logging tastings is easy to tuck away in a purse or pocket for emergency cheese-tasting and documentation. This is one in a series of tasting booklets that hail from Portland, Oregon. Oregon Favorites
With friends and family coming to visit and celebrate this holiday season, here are just a few lovely local products that you can share with your visitors:
• Rose City Pepperhead’s Pepperjellies – Sweet and spicy pepper jellies made in Portland and available in a variety of flavors.
• Rogue Creamery – Making cheese in Central Point for more than 80 years, this local gem offers a variety of wonderful cheeses.
• Willamette Valley Cheese Company – This family-owned creamery close to Salem, Oregon, produces wonderful cows’ milk farmstead cheeses
• Oregon Growers & Shippers – Fantastic fruit spreads from the Hood River.
• Market of Choice Charcuterie – Did you know that Market of Choice has its own Charcuterie line? We have proudly produced several flavors of pâtés, a decadent Duck Rillette and Duck Confit.
• Duck Pâté – Tangy green peppercorns and orange zest add zip and zing to seasoned ground duck. This pork-free pâté is perfect for entertaining. Perfect for dinner with roasted veggies!
• Northwest Cherry & Blue Pâté – A delectable blend of seasoned ground pork with brandy, Northwest Bing cherries, hazelnuts and Rogue Creamery blue cheese. This country-style pâté shines as an appetizer and is rich enough to pair with Port wine.
Duck Leg Confit – Salt-cured and slow-cooked in garlic, shallots, Chablis wine, duck fat and herbs. Simply pan fry until crisp, shred and serve over salad greens. Delish!
• Duker’s Dills – Our favorite pickles from Portland, these spicy delights include Duker’s Dills, Carrots and Green Cherry Tomatoes and tangy Rose’s Rosemary Lemon Beans and Asparagus. Bring some pucker to your Bloody Mary or cheese plates with these pickled pleasures.
From the Market of Choice Cheese Shops, I wish you a very happy holiday season to include many great meals with the ones you love!